Thursday, October 1, 2009

I better get used to these...

A man and his fiancee are killed in a car crash two days before they’re scheduled to be married. 

They end up together in front of St. Peter and say, “St. Peter, we were about to get married. Can we still get married in heaven?” St. Peter replies, “Hmm, good question, let me check,” and walks away. 

The couple figures he’ll be back shortly, but it’s been a half hour and he’s still not back. Six hours, still not back. The next day, still not back. A week later, still not back.

 Four months later, St. Peter finally comes back and says, “Yes, you can get married in heaven.” The couple is happy, but then they ask, “St. Peter, that’s great, but what if it doesn’t work out? Can we get divorced in heaven?” 

St. Peter just looks at them for a second and explodes. “GIVE ME A BREAK! It took me FOUR MONTHS to find a priest, and now you want me to find a LAWYER?

I guess, by career choice, I'm destined to go straight to Hell. Maybe I'll join the Southern Baptist and try to be "saved" before it's too late. But then I'll have to tell them I'm in law school which might blow my chances.....I could just lie :)

No comments: